Particulars of Scholarship
The Birmingham Golf Association will provide a one-time, minimum $1000 scholarship to recipients of the Birmingham Golf Association Scholarship. Multiple scholarships may or may not be awarded in any one year.
These are not annually renewable and will be paid to the recipient to help with college-related expenses in their freshman year of college.
Scholarship(s) will be announced at the Birmingham Golf Association’s annual Junior Championship dinner.
Click here to access the Scholarship application. Fill it out completely online and MAIL ALL other required parts to the address below. An application will not be considered if incomplete.
Requirements to be eligible to apply
1. A boy or girl who has played on the Birmingham Golf Association for a minimum of three years (or 2022 is their third year), but does not have to be a member in 2022. A high level of golfing ability is NOT a requirement.
2. A graduating senior of an accredited secondary school located in Jefferson County, or one of the six counties that touches Jefferson, where they have shown evidence of academic excellence, good citizenship and sportsmanship. A copy of your latest high school transcript is required.
3. Community involvement is a significant plus. Provide examples when asked in application. Feel free to mail an additional page to do so.
4. Provide a minimum of two character references/letters of recommendation. Examples are from your high school counselor or teacher, work- related supervisor, home golf course professional/teaching professional, etc., etc.
5. Provide a essay (no more than 400 words) about what the BGA has meant to you, what junior golf has taught you and how you plan to apply that knowledge in college and the rest of your life.
6. Must provide proof of continuing education beyond high school graduation. Does not have to be in the state of Alabama.
7. Cannot be the child or grandchild of a current or former BGA Board Member.
8. Applicant must provide a photo of themselves, giving BGA permission for it to be possibly used for publicity purposes.
1. Fill out online application completely.
2. Provide two character references/letters of recommendation.
3. A copy of your latest high school transcript must be included.
4. Provide required essay (typed).
5. Provide required photo.
6. Deadline: The application and all pertinent information must be received by June 10, 2022 to:
Birmingham Golf Association
P.O. Box 36083
Hoover, Al. 35236